This church was built in three stages – the chancel c1395, the tower c1410 and the nave 1450-1550. It is a grade 1 church and has magnificent medieval stonework, a nave full of 17th century oak pews and some beautiful Victorian woodwork and stained glass. One of its former vicars, the Revd John Hartley, was one of the earliest winners of the Wimbledon All England Men‟s Singles Tennis title. He lies buried outside the east window of the church. This is the largest church in the parish and seats 300 people.